Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 146

Hello!

Next topic: MY SECRET OBSESSION WITH CNN

This is something that not a lot of people know about it. It's not like I'm embarrassed by it, it's just that CNN isn't a table topic.

I watch CNN every single day.
every.
single.
day.

I just love it. I think that it holds some sort of sentimental value for me. When my parents were still married, my dad would leave CNN on the T.V. all day long, and I just sort of grew up with it around.

Right now, it's actually my dream to be a journalist for CNN. I'm actually seriously considering it. I want to be one of those journalists who goes to different countries to film. I would love that so much. AHHHHHH

I think CNN also has a special place in my heart, because no matter where I am, I can find it. Even when I'm in Morocco, and a people are talking back and forth in arabic (which I don't understand), I can always turn on the T.V. and find CNN, all in English.

It doesn't matter what's on, I love watching the news. I love watching The Freedom Project, because it's so inspiring. I love watching CNN Heroes! I love watching Erin Burnett Outfront, Amanpour., Piers Morgan at midnight, and especially Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown.

I remember, while I was in Morocco one year, I was watching Erin Burnett Outfront. It was a special edition, because it was filmed in Mali. The episode was so amazingly touching. It really made me want to cry. At the airport in Casablanca, there were actually a few Malian refugees boarding a plain to Saudi Arabia.

I actually consider myself familiar enough with CNN to criticize it. I strongly dislike watching Newsroom. I mean, the quality sucks! When Newsroom is live from Hong Kong, the quality is crap, and the background needs to be better. Needs work! When they're live from London, perfect. New York, perfect. Atlanta, perfect. I can flip to CNN sometimes, and just roll my eyes, because I know that they're live from Hong Kong before they even have to say so.

One of my favorite parts about CNN are the promos. I know that promos are designed for you to love the company, but they sure to work. The promos are gorgeous, heartfelt, and so amazingly edited! There's one thats playing now, that I love. It shows clips of the coverage that CNN did throughout the last year, and it's so amazing. The music makes it so uplifting, you know? I mean, that's not a reason to watch the network, but the promo is awesome. I hum it all the time.

I like how CNN gets different people to sit down and have a debate with one another. Instead of one person presenting their ideas, there is discussion and arguing. I love that. I also love how snarky the reporters can be. Piers Morgan may be arrogant, or whatever you want to call him, but I don't think it's unprofessional when he gets a little attitude. I think it's awesome to watch people argue over politics.

Okay, so there's my spiel on CNN.

DREAM JOB!!!

-D.F.T.B.A.-
Mina;)

Remember how about 3 months ago, I wrote on here that I could never be a reporter. Now it's the only thing that I want to be. Oh wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment